Assistant Accountant - £30,000 - £35,000 - Iver -hybrid-working
We’re currently partnered with a rapidly growing company in the wholesale industry who are seeking a motivated and hands-on Assistant Accountant to join their finance team. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the successful candidate will be responsible for various accounting tasks including month-end. If you are looking to be part of a dynamic and exciting environment with ample opportunities for growth, please do click the apply button.
- Setting up new suppliers and supplier payments
- Entry of purchase ledger invoices including reconciliation
- Timely processing and settlement of stock supplier invoices
- Preparation of daily/weekly payment runs
- Assisting with the daily business cashflow forecast and reporting
- Processing journals
- Recording bank entries for all current accounts and ensuring reconciling bank balances
- Updating daily cashflow with bank transactions PO information
- Preparing and posting monthly accrual, prepayment, and depreciation journals
- Providing cover for the credit controller when necessary, learning, and performing day-to-day credit control tasks
- Effective communication skills and ability to build a rapport with stakeholders
- Experience in processing general bookkeeping tasks, including journals and bank reconciliations
- Proficiency in Sage 200 accounting software (advantageous)
- Relevant experience managing a purchase ledger in a multi-currency environment (advantageous)
- 30 days' annual leave (including bank holidays), increasing annually with service.
- Additional day off for your birthday.
- Pension scheme.
- Free parking.
- Employee discounts on products.
- Complimentary snacks and drinks.
- Flexible working arrangements.